Monday, June 19, 2006

Three Wolves

Still working on Lesson 1 (ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog: Meta: The $100,000 Animation Drawing Course- Lesson 1), moving right along to the three wolves. They look so easy! Here's my second attempt at the first one. It still has some major problems, but this time I really paid attention to the muzzle, and I got it pretty dang close. (In all my posts, I've made the book appear in red; my lines are blue/black).

One thing that really threw me, and took me a while to figure out, is that the construction drawing in the book is tilted several degrees compared to the finished drawing. I started my drawing by copying the construction drawing, then moved to the "finished" drawing and copied that over my construction drawing. But things just didn't line up. That was still confusing me on this one.

Here's another try:

Muzzle problems again!

Here's the second wolf from the book.


This is one of my first drawings that really is consistent end-to-end. Of course I might spend half an hour on each try, which seems terribly long -- but I'm practicing. The only serious problem with this one is the upper lip. Also, as my wife pointed out, my eyes look more evil than goofy -- it's because I made the eyelids more curved and lower down on the eye. Is that my personality showing?

Here's wolf #3 -- the position of the ears and the bottom of the jaw are the obvious issues.

No comments: