A little late to the party, but I finally gave in to the temptation to have my own blog to track my progress in the $100,000 Animation Lessons.
I've had the Preston Blair Animation book since I was in sixth grade. But it wasn't until JohnK started posting his lessons that I realized how much there was to it. Now that I get it, I'm committed to doing it right no matter how long it takes.
I drew all the eggs... here is one I saved. This is from mid-May, 2006:
Preston is red; I'm blue.
As soon as I tried this I realized how very difficult it was to get the proportions and shapes correct just by eyeballing it.
At first I was using my own copy of the book, which has slightly different versions of the characters than the 1949 version, which JohnK is using.
I tend to make the things that stick out at the periphery bigger and longer than they should be, like the elephant's trunk and ears.
I have more but I'll post them later.