Sunday, November 08, 2009

Kaspar - rough layout

From this series of storyboard sketches.

Kaspar is intensely focused.

Mine above lost a bit of the scrunched intensity of the orginal. But I like how I brought his wrists closer together and bent his hands away from each other; it gives more of the feeling of him pawing through the garments.





I don't know what I was thinking with that arm. Also, it's too "cute" and missing the exagerated upward motion of Kaspar's surprise.



On my second try, I like how I pushed that upward surprise stretch even further than the original. But it doesn't look enough like Kaspar.










This one missed the original expression.




Second try a little closer. Still not evil enough...



I've never drawn this character before, and I've never tried cleaning up great roughs like this. So I know there are a million things wrong. Any advice is welcome - I'm happy to be the "don't do it like this guy" guy!
But this was really fun! I'm going to do more.

No comments: