Friday, February 02, 2007

Lesson 4, Part 2

ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog: Meta: The $100,000 Animation Drawing Course- Lesson 4

This bunny came out pretty good:


I didn't do so well with this 'goony bird'. The biggest problem with not getting the beak big enough. Also I straightened some angles (the arm on the left and tail), taking some fun out of the original.


On my first attempt at the goony bird running, I way exaggerated the lean back:


Second attempt is a lot better


This one is half good, half bad but I didn't want to redo it:


This little skunk with the mallet was really hard for me! Here I stretched him way out horizontally. I really had a hard time believing his pelvic circle was so close to his head.



On another try, I overdid it.



This one is pretty good:



Two tries on this guy:




And just because I'm proud of it, here's a sketch I drew of a man reading a book. We were both waiting for our kids at the ice skating arena. It really looks like the guy. Luckily he was sitting still long enough for me to draw him.









No comments: